David Steele Send E-mail.
Standing Tall In Troubled Times
An Affirmative And Healing Response To Social Division
A Community Gathering And Workshop
FREE - Donations Accepted.
Saturday February 18th 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
"The ear is only a petal that grows from the heart. When we hear each other, it all becomes a garden"
- Mark Nepo.
When we look out to the world, where do we place our attention?
How often do we count our blessings?
How much time do we spend obsessing about wrongness?
What energy lives within our awareness?
When we focus on what we value, what we stand for, rather than simply railing against what we object to or are threatened by, we set aside helplessness in favor of security, oppression in favor of innovation. We step into our power. From this empowered state it is possible to creatively engage what we find threatening, building transformative connection and moving from conflict to common purpose.
Warning, this event is serious about healing our social divisiveness; it is not for the squeamish. It asks us to look deeply into ourselves, into what we hold dear, and then to set aside blame and criticism, considering what deep values motivate those with whom we disagree.
Honoring Your Deepest Values
- Find deep wisdom in authenticity.
- Trust in what matters most to you.
- Acknowledge your aspirations.
- Draw strength from conviction.
- Listen deeply to yourself and others.
Cultivate Peace And Prosperity
- Transform enemies into allies.
- Inspire cooperative endeavors.
- Uncover the abundance within you.
- Find freedom in creative interaction.
- Experience peaceful presence.