Susan Kaplan Send E-mail.
These trainings will be conducted through Zoom with both phone-in and video-conferencing options. After enrolling, you will receive instructions for connecting to the call.
NVC Practice Group For BIPOC And Other Cultural, Racial Or Spiritual Groups Who Have Experienced Marginalization.
Wednesday, July 22, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm MDT
Wednesday, July 22nd
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Interested in learning & practicing Nonviolent Communication, yet don’t feel comfortable in a predominantly white group?
In order to provide a brave and trustworthy space, RMCCN is offering a new group for learning about and practicing the key distinctions and skills of NVC.
We will relate the many layers of our experiences to how NVC can support healing, empowerment and social change. The skills will expand beyond how OFNR is traditionally taught to include:
• Observation – to expand to the inner & systemic experience
• Feelings – a trauma informed frame to recognize generational, ancestral & historical trauma that mixes with our own personal & family trauma and the power of anger + self love
• Needs – the layers of personal, interpersonal, our cultural, spiritual and/or racial “tribes”, and the systemic realities
• Requests – holding social justice demands while learning to have confidence, persistence and clarity in making requests
• Sorting through the internalized habits of Whiteness and white supremacy to move from power-over + power-under to a power-with paradigm within myself and with others